New This Year
Mad Robin Romp
(Formerly known as Swing Into Spring)
Spring Dance Week-end
** WOOD FLOOR **
in the HEATED main Lodge at
Gallahue Girl Scout Camp
Friday, 30 March - Sunday, 1 April 2012
Featuring music by U4 and COFFEE ZOMBIES
Calling by DUGAN MURPHY
Admission only $20
- Dances Friday and Saturday night
- Workshops Saturday
- Brunch Saturday
- Pot Luck Dinner Saturday evening
- Full kitchen facilities
- Breakfast Sunday
- Tent camping or floor space in heated cabins
- This year: BEDS in HEATED CABINS are free while they last. Priority
of requests is based on date registration form and check are received.
- Bring your own warm sleeping bag or bed linnen
- Heated showers
- Wildflower hikes in the surrounding woods
- Beautiful view of the Lake (bring your own canoe or kayak)
- Preregister early to guarantee your choice.
- Make checks payable to BOTMDG, PO Box 3238, Bloomington, Indiana 47402.
Include E-mail or phone number to receive confirmation.
- Tent camping, sleeping in your vehicle, and floor space in main Lodge ground floor
and other cabins is included in admission. Bring air mattress or pad, but some pads are available.)
- Priority of requests for beds is based on date registration form and check are received.
- Download registration form below.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
- 6 PM - Welcome - Early arrivals
- 8 PM - 11:00 PM - Contradancing to the Coffee Zombies with Dugan Murphy
- 11:00 PM - ???? - Contradancing with open mic. calling and bands
(Preliminary schedule, subject to change)
- 9:00 AM to 1:30 PM - Light Brunch provided
- Full access to kitchen facilities all day
- 9:00 AM to 5:00 - PM Workshops
- 6:00 PM - Pitch-in/pot-luck/covered-dish Dinner (full kitchen facilities including
refrigerator, freezer, and stove available)
- 8:00 PM - Midnight - Contradancing to U4 with Dugan Murphy
- Midnight - ???? - Contradancing . Open mic. calling, Open mic. band,
- 8:30-10:30 AM - Breakfast provided
- 10:30 AM - Clean-up begins: Clean up your personal sleeping area and help with common
This year Tom Morrison will no longer be producing Swing into Spring and the
Bloomington Old Time Music and Dance Group (the same folks who bring you Sugar Hill)
has replaced it with this event.
After the scheduled bands and caller, many more musicians and callers are needed to keep
the music going well into the wee hours, so BRING YOUR MUSICAL
INSTRUMENTS. You don't have to be in "a band" to participate. Many
pick-up bands are formed while hanging out during the day or on the spur of the
moment late at night.
Everything is very laid-back and relaxed except for the high-energy
dancing on the WOOD dance floor.
Full kitchen facilities are available to prepare your contribution to the Saturday pot luck.
Bring a warm sleeping bag or plenty of blankets. The bunks have matresses,
but don't forget an air mattress or sleeping pad if you are tent camping or sleeping on the floor.
All this for the whole week-end for only $20.
Some Mad Robin Romp T-SHIRTS will be available at the door,
but to reserve a 100% cotton T-shirt for only $15.00, order one in your size on the
Galahue Girl scout camp is about 30 minutes northeast of
Bloomington off Hwy 42. Directions and map will be available soon.
We will be dancing in the main Lodge with the wonderfull wood floor.
Camp rules: No Pets, No Alcohol.
DOWNLOAD REGISTRATION FORM:
For more information or comments, contact: Remove the "XXX" to use these addresses:
- Bill Baus, XXXBaus@alumni.indiana.edu
- or communicationsXXX@bloomingtoncontra.org .
(To send to these addresses, you must manually remove the XXX preceding the @ sign. This is to deter spam.)
- or call Cathy Meyer (812) 339-8184
This page last updated 22 Feb. 2012.