- Summer Location: June = Harmony School; July = Boys and Girls Club, 311 S. Lincoln (just south of Third St.); 3, 10, 17, & 24 August = Boys & Girls Club; 31 Aug = Harmony.
- New Dance Starting Time: The Wednesday night dance now starts at 8:00pm. Newcomer lessons now start at 7:30pm.
- Early Waltzing on the third Wednesday of each month: We’ll have open waltzing from 7:30pm until just before 8:00pm. This month it will be on 15 June with live music by Entwyned.
- Visiting callers and bands this month:
- Clinton Ross from North Carolina will call on 15 June.
- Jean Gibson-Gorrindo from California calling with the Fiddle River String Band (Bob Lucas, Jamie Gans, Chris Westhoff, & Tamara Loewenthal) playing on 22 June.
- Joy Greenwolfe from North Carolina calling on 29 June.
- Sugar Hill, our annual August dance festival, will be 26-28 August this year. Register early to $ave and to guarantee a bunk in a cabin if you prefer not to camp. Basic registration before 10 August is only $35. We need lots of Lead Volunteers: Sign up to be a Lead Volunteer by contacting one of the Sugar Hill co-ordinators, Liz Pech, or David Ernst, or any board member, or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
More info & registration forms are available at the dance and at: http://bloomingtoncontra.org/sugar-hill
Hey, Google Calendar users! You can import this calendar into your own Google Calendar by clicking that little “+ Google Calendar” icon just above and to the right. It’s super-easy!
• Location of our weekly dances:
JUNE = Harmony School, 909 E 2nd St, 47401, Bloomington, Indiana. Click here for detailed instructions on how to get there.
JULY = Boys and Girls Club, 311 S. Lincoln (just south of Third St.)
• Beginner lessons: We offer free beginner lessons starting at 7:30 PM before each evening of dancing.
• Protect the floor: Bring clean, smooth-soled shoes. Help clean the floor after the dance and get Free admission to the dance. Talk to Bill Baus.