- Sat. 29 December Dance at the Bishop! Our Fifth Saturday dance this month will be at the Bishop Bar, corner of 4th & Walnut Streets in Bloomington. Their back room where we’ll dance is open to people 18 & over. Dancers 21 & over can get drinks from the bar and bring them into the back room. Admission: $5 members, $6 Non-members. Since the Bishop doesn’t serve food, we’ll bring some snacks, and local dancers are encouraged to bring a snack to share at the break and after the dance. The band will be Martha Edwards and the Troublemakers with Bob Green calling, all from St Louis.
- Bean King Party, Sunday, 6 January 2019: Every year on Twelfth Night, the 6th of January, since 1976, the dance group has held a party celebrate the new year and select the King for the new year. The party will start with a pot luck at 18:00 (that’s 6:00pm medieval time) and proceed to dancing, singing the ballad, and the eating of the cake. (The person who get the bean in the cake becomes the new King.) The festivities will again be at the Baus Haus, 1210 W 8th, Blmtn.
- The Family Dance series: Eric Schedler and Katie Zukof are once again heading up a Family Dance series in early 2019. These dances will feature simple traditional folk dances (lines, circles, squares, etc) enjoyable for children and adults. The series will start with a free dance at the Monroe County Public Library on Saturday 5 January. Additional dances will be held at Harmony School, the first being Sunday, 13 January (featuring music by Meg Dedolph & Jonathan Whitall from Chicago).
- Annual Meeting: • The BOTMDG annual meeting will be in Harmony School on Wed. 30 January at 6:30 pm. The agenda will include election of officers and reports of the past year’s activities and finances. If you are interested in running for office, please contact a member of the board. Free pizza will be provided to those who RSVP by 29 Jan to Bill Baus <Baus1210@gmail.com>.
- Protect the Floor: Clean your shoes. Even a little grit on your shoes causes damage to the floor. The floor at Harmony refinished last summer, so we need to be especially careful not to damage it.
Hey, Google Calendar users! You can import this calendar into your own Google Calendar by clicking that little “+ Google Calendar” icon just above and to the right. It’s super-easy!
• Beginner lessons: We offer free beginner lessons starting at 7:30 PM before each evening of dancing.
• Protect the floor: Bring clean, smooth-soled shoes. Help clean the floor after the dance and get Free admission to the dance. Talk to Bill Baus.