- In June our Fifth Saturday dance will be moved to Friday 29 June and will be at Mike’s Dance Barn between Bloomington & Nashville on Hwy 46 in co-operation with the Indiana Forest Alliance. Music by New Hoosier Broadcasters (Ben Thompson, Danny Weddle, Jack Laskey); calling by Trevor DeWitt. Festivities start at 6:30pm with instruction & simple dances for novice contradancers. Mike’s buffet dinner & regular menu & bar will be available.
- Visiting bands:
- Polaris from New England (Rose Jackson – Fiddle, Marta Bartholomew – Fiddle, Sam Zakon-Anderson – Piano, Jesse Ball – Guitar, Hammered Dulcimer, Accordion & Feet) will play on 13 June.
- Katie Hicks will be back in town from Calif. and will play with the Appleknockers on 27 June.
- Sugar Hill, our late summer dance festival, will be 24-26 August. Register early to $ave and to insure your choice of accommodations. For more info and registration see http://bloomingtoncontra.org/sugar-hill/
- Summer Location: As usual, in June we will continue to dance at Harmony School. During the month of July we will be dancing in the air conditioned lower level of St Paul’s Catholic Church. Enter from the lower parking lot. We will not dance at the B&GC this year.
Hey, Google Calendar users! You can import this calendar into your own Google Calendar by clicking that little “+ Google Calendar” icon just above and to the right. It’s super-easy!
• Beginner lessons: We offer free beginner lessons starting at 7:30 PM before each evening of dancing.
• Protect the floor: Bring clean, smooth-soled shoes. Help clean the floor after the dance and get Free admission to the dance. Talk to Bill Baus.