- Halloween dance, 31 October: Since Halloween is on a Wednesday this year, we are encouraging dancers to come in costume. To add to the festive mood, we will also have cake. If anyone wants to volunteer to decorate the gym for this dance, please contact Bill Baus. Nicholas Rockstroh from Louisville will call to the music of the Far Flung String Band.
- Callers workshop: David Ernst will lead a free contradance callers workshop on Friday 2 November at 7:30 pm at the home of Vic Kelson, 107 S Meadowbrook Drive (North of 3rd, east of the mall). Anyone interested in calling is encouraged to participate, including those who have never called a dance and especially those who have done some calling in the past, but would like to improve their calling skills. This will be a “hands-on” activity with actual dancing, so even dancers and musicians who don’t plan to call might find the workshop fun and rewarding.
- Protect the Floor: Clean your shoes. Even a little grit on your shoes causes damage to the floor. The floor at Harmony has just been refinished, so we need to be especially careful not to damage it.
Hey, Google Calendar users! You can import this calendar into your own Google Calendar by clicking that little “+ Google Calendar” icon just above and to the right. It’s super-easy!
• Beginner lessons: We offer free beginner lessons starting at 7:30 PM before each evening of dancing.
• Protect the floor: Bring clean, smooth-soled shoes. Help clean the floor after the dance and get Free admission to the dance. Talk to Bill Baus.