Friday evening to Sunday noon. Just outside of Bloomington, Indiana at the lovely Ransburg Boy Scout Reservation.
You can now Register Online!
Map – 7599 E. Waldrip Creek Road, Bloomington IN 47401.
Lottery Policy – Bands who play before midnight on Friday may enter the lottery for Saturday but will be excluded from playing before midnight. Callers who call Friday night can enter the lottery for Saturday night but will not be in the lottery until all the callers who didn’t call Friday night are drawn.
DANCING, DANCING, & MORE DANCING!
A celebration of contradance in a serene setting!
Camping in the Indiana forest
Swimming, water slide, canoeing, and relaxing
Great meals & snacks all weekend
Everyone helps! It adds to the fun & reduces the cost!
LIMITED BUNK SPACE AVAILABLE at extra cost! Modern and rustic cabins. Don’t forget that there’s also unlimited camping space at no extra cost!
PURCHASE A T-SHIRT — Check out our t-shirt design and order now!
LOW COST!! Register early to save $$ & speed registration, and help us know who’s coming:
- $45 through 10 August ($10 under age 14)
- $55/$15 after 10 August (including at the door)
A la carte pricing:
Friday dance only: $20 (includes snacks, pizza etc.)
Saturday dance only: $20 (includes snacks, pizza etc.)
One night camping $15 (includes breakfast)
Saturday: All activities before 7pm $15 (beach, workshops etc.)
Bring your entire family – but not your pets
6:00 pm – 7:45 pm Potluck
8:00 pm – ?? Contra Dance
8:00 am – 2:00 pm, Breakfast/Lunch
8:30 -10:00 am Open Waltzing (open band)
10:15 – 11:15 am Family Fun Dance (Meg Dedolph}
12:45 – 1:45 pm Irish Set Dancing/recorded music (Daniel Flora)
2:00 – 3:15 pm Square Dance (Chet Gray)
3:30 – 5:30 pm Advanced Contras (Lauren Peckman)
6:00 pm – 7:30 pm Dinner
8:00 pm – ?? Contra Dance
INLOW CENTER A/C
1:00 – 3:00 pm Michael Fuerst calling his original dances with band
10:00 am – 6:00 pm Beach open with life guards and pontoon boat with slide
10:00 – 11:30 am Nature Ramble (Nancy Grant meets at dining hall)
1:00 – 2:00 pm Group Sing (Cathy Meyer The Pines outside dining hall)
2:00 pm Ice Cream Party at the beach (Diane Jung)
3:30 – 5:00 pm Square Dance in the lake (Tamara Loewenthal)
8:00 am – 12:00 noon Breakfast/brunch
9:00 – 10:00 am open waltzing (open band)
9:00 am Sacred Harp singing (Beth Garfinkel at The Pines)
Included in the price
- CAMPING in scenic Ransburg Boy Scout Camp on beautiful Lake Monroe
- ACCESS TO SHOWER & MODERN REST ROOMS (primitive restrooms at campsites)
- MEALS & SNACKS: Friday Potluck & Snacks; Saturday Brunch, Dinner, & Snacks; Sunday Breakfast
- CHILDCARE (if their parents volunteer for the shifts)
- CALLERS: Bring your favorite dances!
- MUSICIANS: Bring your instruments!
- PARENTS: Sign up for a childcare shift!
- EVERYONE: Sign up to help with meal preparation, clean up, and beach watch!
Please bring your own:
- swim suits & water toys
- towels, soap, shampoos, bug repellant, etc…
- dancing shoes (wooden floor)
CAMP RULES: NO ALCOHOL! NO PETS!
Our 2018 coordinators are Becky and Martin Mundy.
Write to them at email@example.com